1. Tune Guitar – strum all strings before tuning
2. Chords – Say, Finger, Play
3. Homework from 2 lessons ago (ex. Strumming Exercise #1)
4. Homework from 1 lesson ago (ex. Strumming Exercise #2)
5. Homework from last lesson (ex. Strumming Exercise #3)
Don’t stop for mistakes, keep playing
6. Enter in your Practice Log
Time – 30 – 60 minutes
How often? At least 5 days each week
1. This routine lets you warm up first
2. Makes your fingers stronger
3. Builds calluses
4. Develops muscle memory
5. Helps you learn new lessons faster
Music, a Gift For Life!
Songwriter, Musician, Entertainer, Instructor
Interested in taking Lessons in person (locally), or worldwide (via Skype) or booking Steve for a Private Party, House Concert or Office Function? Just leave a comment and I will contact you by email (your address shows on my admin panel).
Steve, and his bands, have always given back to the community, supporting Special Needs Families, Christian Outreach, Food Pantries, Homeless Shelters and Medical Research.
As a songwriter and registered artist with BMI, Steve’s songwriting and gig sets span the Blues, Rock, Folk, Country and Christian genres.
2009 was the start of a busy solo performing schedule as well as sharing his love of music by teaching both Guitar and Live Performance Techniques. Steve teaches his guitar students to play the music THEY want to play, right from the start, without getting bogged down with music theory. With Live Performance Techniques lessons, students learn how to move from the living room to a live stage.